Food Plot Plants
My Garden Zone Is
Food Plot Plants are planted to attract wildlife such as deer, turkey, and geese
Tn Nurseries Best Selling Food Plot Plants
5. Wild Oats
Food plot plants are plants planted to attract wildlife such as deer, turkey, and geese. They are planted to feed the wildlife, especially the deer. These plants are also used for hunting deer. They are low-tech plants, and they need little time to care for them.
They are planted twice during the year, spring and summer. Planting times vary depending on whether you want to hunt deer during spring or summer. Most food plot plants are planted at any time of the year.
Food plot plants include; red chokeberry, riverbank wild rye, switchgrass, barnyard grass, wild oats, river oats, broomsedge, black raspberry, elderberry tree, paw paw tree, mulberry tree, mountain mint, bamboo, among others.
Food Plot Plants can withstand harsh conditions.
Benefits of Food Plot Plants
1. They can withstand harsh conditions. Some food plot plants can survive in all types of environments and conditions. For example, Pennsylvania sedge is a drought-tolerant plant.
2. They grow in large numbers. It will enable you to have surplus food to help you feed the animals—for example, Palm sedge, Indian grass, blue gram grass.
3. They produce flowers which will make your home look attractive.
4. They attract songbirds, which will help you reduce stress and improve your mood example, touch me not. Another plant that helps improve your mood is water garden plants. For example, some of these river cane plants are evergreen throughout the year.
5. They provide health benefits example, the Golden Seal plant is used to treat digestive problems and skin and eye irritations.
6. They offer shelter and protection to wild animals. For example, Water Willow, which grows in water, protects the eggs of laying fish and offers shelter for snakes.
7. They are easier to maintain. Food plot plants require little or no energy to maintain. Most of them do not need you to keep on watering them; all they require is watering, mowing, and pruning them.